Subaru Of America - 2007 Subaru Outback - Quality Disaster
I purchased my Subaru based on Subaru's reputation of reliability.A few months before I bought my 2007 Outback Legacy, I bought a 1998 Outback for my son.
I liked his Outback so much, I sold my Mustang and found one for myself. I had never had any problems with my Mustang at all,but I figured Outback would exceed my expectations in regards to quality. What I got was one headache after another. With in the first 1000 miles of owning my Outback, my check engine light came on.
This was the beginning of a long and financially painful headache! The first issue was the cam shaft position sensor. This was changed out. About a 100 miles later another light and the down stream exhaust sensor was changed.
Another 100 miles and then the whole cat was changed out.
The next issue, I was expecting, since my Outback had 120K miles on it, I knew that I would have to have the timing belt replaced, but I also had a rear main gasket leaking, so I had that done at the same time. The total cost on this one shop visit.... $3,152.99! That's more than what I was expecting, but I thought my pain was over.
Unfortunately, it wasn't. I had to have my air fuel sensor replaced, I had a full collapse of my front struts and had to have them replaced. And then a complete engine replacement as my number 3 rod bearing spun. Most recently was my transmission lines which left me stranded on the side of the road.
My son's car has been a little better, but not much, we had to do a lot of the same work with his Outback. I would expect to do a bit more on a 98 than a 07, but that has not been the case. My Mustang was a 99 and had more miles than my Subaru. I never had to do any of this kind of work with my Ford.
Since I mostly have a new car, I am hoping that my pain is over, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I have lost all confidence in Subaru's quality claims of excellence. I have over $8000 in repair costs on a car that I paid $8000 for.
Since a base model 2016 Ford Mustang is about the same cost as a 2016 Subaru Outback, customers who are after quality might want to think twice about Subaru's quality claims.I do love my Outback, but I did not get what I was expecting and my primary reason for buying Subaru has been debunked in my mind.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "I ordered over a month ago and what came is burned pizza and cookies, so it got late and we decided to take credit..."
- "Very unhappy So unhappy if they don't do what's right??Never use them ever !!No integrity so far!!And very displeased!!no one knows what to do !! Must resolve ..."
- "I ordered a set of bowls. The largest bowl delaminated upon first washing. Now another bowl is delaminating upon second washing. I call to get exchange. They require original packing and..."