Subaru Of America - 2007 Subaru Outback - Quality Disaster
I purchased my Subaru based on Subaru's reputation of reliability.A few months before I bought my 2007 Outback Legacy, I bought a 1998 Outback for my son.
I liked his Outback so much, I sold my Mustang and found one for myself. I had never had any problems with my Mustang at all,but I figured Outback would exceed my expectations in regards to quality. What I got was one headache after another. With in the first 1000 miles of owning my Outback, my check engine light came on.
This was the beginning of a long and financially painful headache! The first issue was the cam shaft position sensor. This was changed out. About a 100 miles later another light and the down stream exhaust sensor was changed.
Another 100 miles and then the whole cat was changed out.
The next issue, I was expecting, since my Outback had 120K miles on it, I knew that I would have to have the timing belt replaced, but I also had a rear main gasket leaking, so I had that done at the same time. The total cost on this one shop visit.... $3,152.99! That's more than what I was expecting, but I thought my pain was over.
Unfortunately, it wasn't. I had to have my air fuel sensor replaced, I had a full collapse of my front struts and had to have them replaced. And then a complete engine replacement as my number 3 rod bearing spun. Most recently was my transmission lines which left me stranded on the side of the road.
My son's car has been a little better, but not much, we had to do a lot of the same work with his Outback. I would expect to do a bit more on a 98 than a 07, but that has not been the case. My Mustang was a 99 and had more miles than my Subaru. I never had to do any of this kind of work with my Ford.
Since I mostly have a new car, I am hoping that my pain is over, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I have lost all confidence in Subaru's quality claims of excellence. I have over $8000 in repair costs on a car that I paid $8000 for.
Since a base model 2016 Ford Mustang is about the same cost as a 2016 Subaru Outback, customers who are after quality might want to think twice about Subaru's quality claims.I do love my Outback, but I did not get what I was expecting and my primary reason for buying Subaru has been debunked in my mind.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
You May Also Like
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "After purchasing a 2016 Coachmen 378RE, the following quality concerns with the manufacturer and the dealer were discovered. • Coachmen RV has an ineffective quality program. • Coachmen RV warranty resolution process has not..."
- "I ordered a set of bowls. The largest bowl delaminated upon first washing. Now another bowl is delaminating upon second washing. I call to get exchange. They require original packing and..."
- "I placed a baby bed on layaway & paid it off early. I was told at the time of purchase and during several payment visits, that it would be available..."
- "Very unhappy So unhappy if they don't do what's right??Never use them ever !!No integrity so far!!And very displeased!!no one knows what to do !! Must resolve ..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."