3.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I purchased my Subaru based on Subaru's reputation of reliability.A few months before I bought my 2007 Outback Legacy, I bought a 1998 Outback for my son.

I liked his Outback so much, I sold my Mustang and found one for myself. I had never had any problems with my Mustang at all,but I figured Outback would exceed my expectations in regards to quality. What I got was one headache after another. With in the first 1000 miles of owning my Outback, my check engine light came on.

This was the beginning of a long and financially painful headache! The first issue was the cam shaft position sensor. This was changed out. About a 100 miles later another light and the down stream exhaust sensor was changed.

Another 100 miles and then the whole cat was changed out.

The next issue, I was expecting, since my Outback had 120K miles on it, I knew that I would have to have the timing belt replaced, but I also had a rear main gasket leaking, so I had that done at the same time. The total cost on this one shop visit.... $3,152.99! That's more than what I was expecting, but I thought my pain was over.

Unfortunately, it wasn't. I had to have my air fuel sensor replaced, I had a full collapse of my front struts and had to have them replaced. And then a complete engine replacement as my number 3 rod bearing spun. Most recently was my transmission lines which left me stranded on the side of the road.

My son's car has been a little better, but not much, we had to do a lot of the same work with his Outback. I would expect to do a bit more on a 98 than a 07, but that has not been the case. My Mustang was a 99 and had more miles than my Subaru. I never had to do any of this kind of work with my Ford.

Since I mostly have a new car, I am hoping that my pain is over, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I have lost all confidence in Subaru's quality claims of excellence. I have over $8000 in repair costs on a car that I paid $8000 for.

Since a base model 2016 Ford Mustang is about the same cost as a 2016 Subaru Outback, customers who are after quality might want to think twice about Subaru's quality claims.I do love my Outback, but I did not get what I was expecting and my primary reason for buying Subaru has been debunked in my mind.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $8300. The author is overall dissatisfied with Subaru Of America and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Subaru Of America.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Subaru Of America to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Subaru Of America?

Comments