Salt Lake City, Utah

My new Subaru with 4300 miles was sitting in the garage for two weeks while I was vacationing.The temperature during that time dropped into the single digits.

Related: Subaru Of America - Review about 2013 Subaru Brz from Grove City, Pennsylvania

After vacation, I popped into my barely used car and the front windshield had shatttered into no less than 6 spiderwebby type fractures. I was horrified. Immediatly checked on line and found 100's of similar complaints about the 2015 Outback windshield. I certainly thought the dealer would cover mine since it was not due to a rock chip and was SO extensive in nature.

Took it in and the service rep determined that all were due to "rock chip encounters. He did this by putting a pen tip where ever 2 cracks crossed each other. The result of 2 glass fractures will 100% of the time cause a small indentation.

The dealer basically said "tough luck lady" and waved me byebye even when I pointed out the plethora of complaints about this issue.Come on SUBARU step up!

Review about: 2015 Subaru Outback.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Subaru Of America Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Subaru Of America?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.