Salt Lake City, Utah

My new Subaru with 4300 miles was sitting in the garage for two weeks while I was vacationing. The temperature during that time dropped into the single digits.

After vacation, I popped into my barely used car and the front windshield had shatttered into no less than 6 spiderwebby type fractures. I was horrified. Immediatly checked on line and found 100's of similar complaints about the 2015 Outback windshield. I certainly thought the dealer would cover mine since it was not due to a rock chip and was SO extensive in nature.

Took it in and the service rep determined that all were due to "rock chip encounters. He did this by putting a pen tip where ever 2 cracks crossed each other. The result of 2 glass fractures will 100% of the time cause a small indentation.

The dealer basically said "tough luck lady" and waved me byebye even when I pointed out the plethora of complaints about this issue. Come on SUBARU step up!

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments