Resolved
2.7

I am now officially Sans Vehicle, Subaru recalled my new Outback and it is sitting at the dealer waiting for parts. The dealer had no loaner cars available and told me they were unable to arrange for a rental. Manchester Subaru told me that if I wanted to I could go ahead and drive the car but it would be at my own risk. I was not about to do that. I suggested that perhaps because my vehicle was less than two weeks old that they would simply buy back the car and give me the value of my trade in which was no longer on the lot, they refused that as well.

I will arrange for a rental car on my own and hope that Subaru reimburses me for the rental.

The real kicker here is they do not know when they will have the parts and they do not know when the vehicle will be repaired, that is quoted from the service department at Manchester Subaru.

When I called the Subaru hotline phone number that Subaru provided it is an auto answer recorded message that says "If you know the extension of the person you are calling please dial it now otherwise leave a message in our general mailbox.

If anyone is interested in putting together a class action lawsuit regarding the way the dealers are handling this recall I would be very happy to join that class.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Subaru Of America Outback Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

• Manchester Subaru