1.5
Interest Rate

I am reaching out to you in hopes that you are able to provide intervention and assistance. On April 2018 we bought a new 2018 Outback. We have only head it for 6 months.

On Tues. 10/23 heading out to work we noticed the radio/reverse camera wasn't working, so we made a stop at the dealership for service. They said it probably just needs a software upgrade. Later that day they call my husband and said they needed to order the part and that it would be here that Fri. 10/26. Since we didn't hear from them my husband called that morning and they told him that the part was on back ordered. After work on I called and spoke with Crystal one of the managers and she said that it normally they tell the customers it takes two weeks to complete the service.

That's not what we were told. I asked her when can we expect to get the part and she said she would have April call in the morning to find out. On Mon. 10/29 Crystal called me to say that April was just getting the run around from the manufacture and didn't have an answer. I ask if she could call personally and get back to me the next day. So today is Thur. 11/1 and since I had not heard back from Crystal I called her. She told me that she was not getting answers from the manufacture and didn't know when they would have the part available.

We have always wanted this car and although we like it we can't stress our disappointment with the service being provided to us. Having the item on back order can only tell us that this is a manufacture defect item and that there may be others owners of the 2018 Outback having the same issue.

I am asking for your help and intervention in making sure I get my car part and fixed before Thanksgiving and help me to continue to spread the good news to others about Subaru.

Frustrated and Disappointed in El Paso, Texas

G. Maldonado

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car Repair.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Will be able to provide feedback later.

• 2018 Outback Radio camera

Comments

I have the same problem paying for my new outback but not driving it cause of the back order. So disappointed bought a new car to avoid this problem.

This part needs a recall! Take the car back!

I purchased an 2018 Outback in March of 2018. The infotainment screen went black recently.

The Subaru term for this part is "The Head". Service also told me just a software problem, reset can give you back your radio. The Head was dead. Replacement part took 2 weeks to arrive.

No display, no camera, No radio during that period. the Head part is not reliable. the dealer and Subaru should admit issues and provide a solution.

Expect The Head to last only 6 months and get use to driving without radio, backup camera, map. all Head features.