1470 PA-315, Plains, PA 18702, USA

I am writing this review to express my total disappointment and dissatisfaction with Subaru of America. In May of 2018, Brown's Manassas Subaru in Manassas, VA repaired a bad transmission valve and solenoid under Subaru's Extended Warranty Program.

It's obvious that my Impreza has been affected by a faulty transmission. At this time, my 2014 Impreza had over 95,000 on it, so Subaru fully covered the repair. On November 22nd 2018 (Thanksgiving), the CVT failed while I was traversing interstate 81N at 70MPH. I was put into a very dangerous situation as everything seized up mechanically and was broke down, hanging out into the fast lane.

I also had 2 cats in the vehicle and they were propelled forward to the violent braking caused by the seizing brakes. I called 911 to have a state trooper sent out and he ordered me to cancel AAA and have his men tow me in a flatbed tow truck, since it would have been a 2 hour wait.

The following day, I had to drive back to my vehicle and have AAA tow it to Subaru of Wyoming Valley, in Plains PA, where it currently sits. Service Advisor Dennis Homnack has been assisting me and has been wonderful. He called Subaru of America to see if they would be able to help since a certified Subaru tech worked on the CVT in May.

Subaru refused to provide any support, because as of this review, my Impreza is just over 100,000. This really hurts for a few reasons: Subaru understands that certain CVTS have been failing, which is why they offered an extended warranty to millions of affected vehicles, but what their customers deserve is a recall. Subaru's blatant disregard of my safety and millions of others, is truly concerning. My entire family owns a Subaru, and I am deeply concerned about their safety, and am now likely to not recommend one of your vehicles.

This should not have happened to a well-maintained car that is less than 5 years old with just over 100,000.

This situation has caused a tremendous hardship. The cost of a new transmission is around $7,000. I still owe $5,000!

I am asking that Subaru make this right, not just for me, but for millions of other Subaru drivers. This is not how you're supposed to treat family!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Subaru Of America Impreza Car.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Transmission Failure