Brand new car – broken and broken again by the dealership, plus cat-calling and harassing of my teenage daughters and wife:

I bought a brand-new car from Mid-Town, my second one for my second daughter, and the buying experience was par with the industry. However, their service department is deplorable.

My oldest daughter came home from an oil change, from her car, talking about how the service men were whistling and cat-calling her, and several salespeople were pointing and winking at her. She is a dancer and cheer leader, and wore her dance clothes that day as she was on her way to the U for a dance class. This did not sit well with me. I had just purchased my second daughter’s car and was Leary of sending her with her mother to see why the AC wasn’t working.

(The AC would work and blow perfectly cold, and then just stop, and then start again.) While mid-town had the car they put a sizable ding in the rear panel on the drivers side, and when my wife took it back the next day because she didn’t see it when she picked it up, the service team berated her and made her feel like a “dumb blond”, and refused to fix it. (When I went back the time written below, I made them fix it)

A few weeks later I asked my daughter how the car was doing, and she said she and her mom weren’t practicing in it much because the AC still only occasionally worked. Considering it took nearly 6 weeks to get it into the shop the first time…I guessed in a brand-new car we wouldn’t get AC for the whole summer. This time while I was driving it to see what was wrong, it was different, the AC always worked but only at high speeds, but wasn’t very cold.

Where before it was ice cold, and the whole system wouldn’t come on every time. I took it in, and evidently whatever they did last time they damaged the condenser…which of course is not covered under warrantee. Instead of calling to discuss, or contacting me, they sent an email with zero explanation of what was going on, just that I needed to approve a $1,000 charge, on a 6-month-old car with less than 4,000 miles, where the AC had never worked. (I took Uber instead of having one of my wife or daughters go with me due to the nature of how they treat women.)

Needless to say, I was less than amused, and had some words with their service assistant manager.

This of course was after getting disconnected several times after being on hold for 30+ min, which I had come to know as the mid-town norm over the last year.

The general manager of both mid-town and south town, a miller himself, told me that I was not accepted at his dealership due to the nature of the conversations with his service people. So, the local Subaru dealerships are OK with berating women, and making inappropriate remarks and comments to young girls, and will silence you if you try and confront them to correct the situation.

Keep your daughters and wives away from the dealership!!

Reason of review: Deplorable Men.

Subaru Of America Pros: Good products.

Subaru Of America Cons: Bad dealerships.

Comments