Situation: THE CAR STALLED WHEN COMING TO A STOP AT AN INTERSECTION. BELIEVE TO BE TRANSMISSION ISSUE.

PURCHASED A 2012 SUBARU OUTBACK ON 8 JAN 2019. THE CAR WAS SOLE AS IS. WHILE DRIVING HOME, I CAME UP TO THE BUSY INTERSECTION OF RUSSELL PARKWAY AND MOODY ROAD (WARNER ROBINS GA) AS I BEGAN TO SLOW, THE CAR STARTED TO BUCK THEN STALLED. I WAS ALMOST REAR-ENDED BY THE CAR FOLLOWING ME.

THE CAR ON THE SAME DAY STALLED AGAIN WHILE SLOWING DOWN AND TURNING RIGHT ON FEAGAN MILL ROAD. THE CAR FOLLOWING ME SWERVED TO THE LEFT TO AVOID A REAR END IMPACT. THE CAR IS CURRENTLY PARKED UNTIL I CAN GET IT SERVICED. AFTER RESEARCH, I FOUNDED OUT MANY CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES OF DRIVING AN UNSAFE VEHICLE.

14 Jan 2019, the car was taken to Subaru of Macon GA were its been for almost a month.

The service manger (Jamie) and the technician informed me that the problem was a bad torque converter but due to the cost of repair ($2000 (+) dollar), I was hesitate about fixing the vehicle. I was informed it would cost I believe $129 diagnostic fee if I didn't allow them to repair. My service manager GUARANTEED me 3 times that a new torque would fix the problem so we agreed to proceed. I was later notified after the new torque converter was installed that the torque converter wasn't the issue.

Yesterday, Thursday 7 Feb 2019 I received a call from another Subaru service rep stating the car needed a new transmission. He stated $8000 which included yet another torque converter. He wanted me to also pay for the torque converter installed.

I've never seen nor received any used from this item. I will meet with Subaru of Macon today hopefully to resolve this dispute.

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Transmission.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Subaru Of America Pros: Liked car until expensive repairs.

Comments