1 Subaru Dr, Camden, NJ 08103

I own and drive a 2017 Subaru Outback Premium. I like this car and enjoy driving it.

My car has the full Eyesight safety system. On September 27 2019 I was driving southbound on the Northeast extension of the Pennsylvania turnpike. I was a few miles south of the Lansdale exit in the middle lane of three. The road was dry, the weather clear and temperature about 80 degrees.

I was driving between 65 and 70 mph. A car passed me on the right at a high rate of speed and pulled into my lane in front of me. My Subaru pre-collision braking system slammed on the brakes and brought me to an abrupt stop in my lane. I had no control of the vehicle.

My wife was screaming “ What are you doing ? What are you doing ? “My eyes went to the rear view mirror to see who was going to hit me. My foot stayed on the accelerator trying to keep moving.

The pre-collision braking system finally released the car and I was able to move again. I moved to the right lane and put my emergency four way flashers on. It happened two more times in the next mile. I pulled over and called the dealership and they advised how to turn off the pre-collision braking system.

On October 3rd I took my Outback to the Ciocca Subaru dealership in Allentown Pa.

They kept the car for a week and claimed there is nothing wrong with their Eyesight system. I don’t feel safe driving this car.

Gary Landis

Glandis@ptd.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments