State: Maryland City: Hyattsville Product: Subaru Of America Oil Change Clear all filters (1 of 30 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Subaru Of America in Hyattsville, Maryland - '11 Forester - Engine failure at 80k

After burning 6 quarts of oil every 2k miles and my dealership telling me its completely normal for a newer Subaru to burn oil, my POS '11 Forester has finally bit the dust after 88k miles. Not only that, but the oil light has never once gone off. After filing an official complaint over a month ago, I've gotten zero help from the dealership (Valley Motors - Maryland) and even less from Subaru corporate. Keep in mind, I have brought this up with the dealership every time I've brought my car in for service. How can a company with such an insanely loyal customer base produce such an insanely finicky/needy automobile? -Subaru Case# 1-4479302545

Interesting to see this about 2011 Forrester. Mine *** out after just 20,000 miles.

They say it never happens but it happened to me. Suburu national and my dealer were both very uncooperative and rude too the point of almost making me have a total breakdown. Since I was under warranty they mickey moused an engine from used parts and new parts. Since then, it has burned oil constantly and runs really rough.

I have had it back an forth to the shop continually. They have paid for repairs and rentals. With what they have spent they could have given me another car, which they should have. They keep trying to sell me a new one, as if I would.

I bought based on reputation, it is not a pretty car or nor is Subaru very up on the latest features, but that reputation is worthless. Subaru national even admitted to me that they gave me terrible customer service but would do nothing.

They even tried to get me to sign a waiver so I could not make another claim on this car? Unconscionalble and unethical.

Review