2.0
Interest Rate

I purchased a 2016 Legacy two weeks ago.A Stop Sale went out on May 9 on Legacies made within a certain time frame.

My vehicle according to is VIN was in the recall. I have not been ( still have not been notified by either Subaru of America or my dealer Bertera Subaru of West Springfield MA. I found out by accident from a friend who saw a local news story. I went on line and then called the dealer this was Saturday May 14, both the official website and the dealership said not to drive the car so it was towed that day.

I drove the car for six days at risk due to a potentially failing steering issue that could have been catastrophic with family and clients in my car. I still have no official recall notice by email mail text or phone from you if it were not for a friend accidentally running across this I still would not know. I have been without a vehicle, no rental has been forth coming I am missing work due to this problem ( I require a car for my job). I am without a vehicle for 3 days now.

I was just notified now by the dealer that my car FAILED the test so I WAS AT RISK FOR 6 DAYS without notification. I am now told it will be four days until my vehicle is repaired. A rental is provided but I still need to know why I or my loved ones could have been killed for 6 Days while I drove without notice of Recall. The Dealership blames you, Subaru of America, who do you blame?

I want this addressed my phone number is I need to hear from you because you know where my next call is going.My name is Christopher Houck

This reviewer shared experience about "safety and negligence about recall nonnotification" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Subaru Of America. The most disappointing about 2016 subaru of america legacy car from Subaru Of America was customer service relating to recall Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Subaru Of America.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Subaru Of America to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Subaru Of America?

Comments

Lake Arrowhead, California, United States #1165616

Similar situation here.I purchased my new Legacy May 6, and have not driven it since May 13.

My car has been sitting at the dealership for over two weeks now and I am not expected to have it for at least another week. I'm going to make my first car payment before I get it back.

Anyone have executive emails that I can use?Customer care keeps telling me my part is on the way and my dealership is telling me they haven't received anything from corporate.

Lake Arrowhead, California, United States #1165614

I'm in the same boat - t

I am also in same situation. They sold me the car when it was under recall. Talking to SOA from 2 weeks no proper response.

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #1160928

I too am going through a similar situation.They have had my car now for 3 days.

I did get notified and was also promised a loaner. 3days later, still none available. I just called Subaru of Am. after 25 minutes, I finally got someone, no help, so I asked to speak with a manager.

I lodged my complaint (25 minutes) and also told them there are no loaners available (including rental cars) I have been using my wife's car.Hopefully they will reimburse me for that