2.6

I became a happy Subaru owner, ( my very first foreign make car ) when i purchased a brand new 2012 Forester. My 2012 was a great performing automobile with the 3 speed sport shift and duel exhaust.

The CVT transmission is a joke ! Cheap to make, can't be repaired and so anemic on take off either when going from drive to reverse , that I feel like a sitting duck after backing out of my driveway. I would never try to back out when the car is cold, more dangerous than the lag time when warm.

I will be going to the dealership today or Tuesday, as soon as I can try to get back my $2500 I put down on this sadly anemic excuse for a car. I have no other vehicle right now and am afraid of being killed or injured in this car.

Your company should be ashamed of itself for foisting this ridiculous excuse of a poor drive train engineering design and using the ridiculous excuse that some consumers can " save fuel" and get better mileage. And why not? It's like driving the 1958 Mercury I had back in 1973. No performance , no pull and NO fun.

I see multiple law suits coming. I will be at the forefront of them unless your company can fix this problem, and I do mean a problem.

Sincerely and with great sadness , Timothy J. Richards Bloomington Indiana

Product or Service Mentioned: 2012 Subaru Of America Forester Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Subaru Of America Pros: Warning devices.

Subaru Of America Cons: Cvt transmission is very dangerous.

• Cvt Issues