The paint integrity on the 2018 Sunshine orange Crosstrek is non existent. My car was purchased January 13, 2p18, just over 2 months ago.

I even purchased a clear vinyl bra with the delivery of my new car but right above it would be at least 5 paint chips on the hood alone. I have purchased new vehicles from other brands without any chips until years into ownership. I know not what could be done if anything, however feel it be of utmost importance to have the company aware and fix and discontinue this paint brand or method of application for this color in the future. Heres to another 7 years w

Of more paint chips to come!

I would appreciate some sort of response. Thank you

Review about: 2018 Subaru Of America Crosstrek Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Sunshine Orange '18, Detroit, MI, USA; purchased October '17, now July '18 about 7,700 miles on it, no offroading, all suburban road driving, counted 41 chips just on the hood and two front doors, and what is weird is that the primer is spotless underneath the chips and the metal isn't deformed, but the orange just flakes off.

Over 80 chips on my sunshine orange 2018 Crosstrek. Been waiting a month for a reply from Subaru of Canada.

Not impressed. First chips after 11 days! I will definitely be taking this further. Subaru knows there is an issue.

They obviously do not stand behind their product! Saskatchewan Canada

My orange Crosstrek is loaded with paint chips. I just bought the car seven months ago.

Subaru says not their problem. I am extremely frustrated, as I take very good care of my car.

I've had a sunshine orange Crosstrek for six months and found 15 paint chips to date.I just signed the petition, “Hold Subaru accountable for chipping paint on 2018 Crosstrek models. Consumers not warned!” by kaeo.

I just signed the petition, “kaeo: Hold Subaru accountable for chipping paint on 2018 Crosstrek models. Consumers not warned!.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?Here’s the link:https://www.change.org/p/kaeo-hold-subaru-accountable-for-chipping-paint-on-2018-crosstrek-models-consumers-not-warned?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=877702278Thanks

I am having the same problem with my 2016 Outback. Any time someone hits my car with their door (which unfortunately has happened THREE times in the past TWO years), it chips all the way to the metal.

Any rocks, big or small that fly up from the car in front of me chip all the way to the metal. I have bubbles forming near the chipped spots.

I bought this car for all of the safety features, AWD, and gas mileage, but I am honestly getting fed up with the paint. Upon seeing so many people having similar problems, especially so many with a newer model than mine, I will probably not buy a Subaru anymore im the future.

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one with this issue, I purchased my 2018 cross trek and already have had a ton of paint chips on my hood and front bumper as well as one on the seam of a door.... I was told I must have hit my door but there was not a dent and I’d know if I hit my door against something.

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 18 SUNSHINE ORANGE , PAINT IS CRAP

Bought mine september 2017 ..... full of stone chip everywhere....

subaru canada wont apply is warranty... they said that i drive bad and im responsible....

have to sue them in court.... good luck everyone

I have the same problems with my Subaru Crosstrek (Sunshine Orange). After 5Monthdriving in the city more then 70 oft paint chips.Peachland Canada

to Helmut Blettinger #1498220

Did you put a claim in to warranty? Mine sunshine orange 2018 has over 80 chips the first ones shoring up after 11 days!

Been waiting almost a month for a reply from warranty.

I am going to sue the dealer in small claims court if warranty doesn't stand behind their product. Shameful and disappointing!

Call SOA and report the issue. They will give you an incident number.

While this may not resolve the issues, it will provide them with a record of the problem.

I reported mine, and they didn't have many other official reports. +1-800-782-2783

to Bob #1499288

They lied to you..I called them just a few days ago and they said they have NO REPORTS..wouldn't YOUR report have shown up? My car just gets worse every day.

It is practically brand new. Subaru told me that it is not their problem and I should be careful when driving around trucks..are you kidding me?

Same issue here... even chip on side panel...

I'm having the same issue with my 2018 Crosstrek (Sunshine Orange). There's so many pain chips. I've never had this issue with any other vehicles paint.

Go to your dealer and make a formal complaint and also to subaru of America. You are not alone.

to Anonymous #1499293

I have done both of these...now what? They said it is not their problem and offered me a complimentary stick of orange paint. I will need about sixty complimentary sticks .