Nashville, Tennessee

we bought a 2016 Outback and love the car, but there is a safety issue with the car, the park brake comes on automatically while at a stop light! when you try to move forward, the car is locked in place. this has happened three times while my wife was out driving and once to me sitting in the driveway.

the car has been at the service garage at least three times with no remedy in place. what they should have done was pull the park brake system out of the car and replaced with a new system. but they say they talk to the engineers with no solution because they aren't able to make the car perform this act.

I am in market to sell the car, and as much as I like the ascent, why would I trade from a $30K problem up to a potential $40K problem.

so I am going to write a brief and present to my attorney, Subaru of North America and NTSB outlining this issue and no corrective action. this is in case the car is involved in an accident and i'm not able to plead this case.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Subaru Of America Outback Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

2010 forester same problem and even happens while doing 50 mph and slows to stop with foot off brake [ twice ] dealer can not duplicate impossible to get thru to cherry hill nj corporate