Ask a question

We will try to contact this business to get an answer for you.

Post answer
Top Question

I would like to talk with a specialist about Subaru batteries, please call me at 913-908-8888

Jack Nolan

Unfortunately we cannot ask Subaru of America specialists call you back. You may contact Subaru of America customer service by yourself by phone at 800-782-2783
View

Why aren't you using a synthectic oil filter on the Legacy, since the car uses synthectic motor oil.

by PepperyPike

Confused why Subaru is not using an oil filter designed for synthectic oil. We have a Legacy and I have to use after market oil filter with the proper by-pass pressure setting (Wix and Mobil1).

Thank you.

We love our Subaru! Fred Demmer fred_demmer@ yahoo.com

View

What does code 'ErSS' mean?

Jack Nolan

Unfortunately, Subaru of America FAQ page doesn't give the answer to your question. It is better to contact Subaru of America customer service by phone at 800-782-2783

purchased a new 2019 Cross Trek last week. Had dealer install auto start

I leave for work at 5 a.m. Is there anyway to disable the horn chirps when starting, don't want to disturb the neighbors.

Thank for your help. For the record, I'm not really pissed, just trying to be a good neighbor

Jack Nolan

Try to contact Subaru of America customer service and ask for an assistance by phone at 800-782-2783

View

My 2017 Subaru Forester's Battery failed.

by GustyPanda610

At 19248 miles and 2 years of age my Subaru battery failed and had to be replaced. Is this normal for a Subaru battery?

View

is there any warranty on the car battery and if so, how much?

by AmpleSeaLion678

Subaru Forester, 2017, bought Oct, 2016, has 23K miles, dealer tells me battery needs to be replaced.

starlink radio failed to turn on times 4

finally service advisor ordering a new one. I was told this is a continuing problem with the2018 outback. outrageous

Engine recall

Who do I contact to see about an engine recall on 2002 impreza

Replace bulbs constantly

by FatalLiger

Ever since I owned my Subaru legacy I have constantly replaced bulbs , is there a reason why I have spent lots of money on replacement bulbs!

Lights on my Subaru

U am very disappointed in the fact that I have to replace light bulbs Constantly in my 2013 outback! It is literally breaking me.

It costs me $50.00 a headlight. And $42.00 for the others.

Its happening every 3 to 4 months. Can you tell me why?

Tire issue

by CoolHorse113

I have to replace a tire due to road hazard. The tire can't be fixed.

I bought 4 new tires less than 5 months ago from a tire store for my 2014 Forester. My dealership is telling me the new tire has to be shaved to match the tread depths of the other tires. However, no one does that in Southern California. I've called more than 20 tire stores.

The tire store I purchased the tires from can get me a replacement but my dealership won't send it out to get shaved. They will only do that for tires that are purchased through them. My dealership can't get the same tire and offered to find a different manufacturer and model or replace all 4 tires. I told them that is not acceptable.

They told me I can buy two new ones and put them on the back then make sure those rotate together. If AWD vehicles require all the tread depths of the tires to be within a certain % then it should be easier for customers to replace one that gets damaged.

If I have to get 2 new tires and put them on the back, will that potentially damage my drivetrain? Also, if the tread pattern on the tires is different will that potentially damage the drivetrain or cause other issues?

View

Starlink map installer download problem

Following the instructions in an email from Subaru, I have been trying to update my Starlink map. I got to the download map installer for Windows and clicked on it (lots of times) but nothing has happened.

I checked my Download folder and there is nothing new there.

So, how do I download the map installer for Windows? Thanks for the help, I hope.

Need your help

by FretfulFishingCat

I do not have a complaint but am somewhat upset because I am not able to find the Subaru that would like to purchase and I hope you can assist me. I have owned several Subaru Outbacks, presently a 213 Limited 3.6R.

My family also has and continues to own several Subarus--together we presently are driving nine}. I would like to purchase a newer Outback lImited 3.6 (2016-17-18) I have been contacting area dealers and searching the internet to find such a vehicle, but have had little success. I wonder if you can help me in this regard. Do you know how I can bring my search fruition?

I will appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Honestly,I cannot fathom driving anything but a Subaru. I wish I were in a position to purchase a 2019 but unfortunately, at 79 yrs.,I am not in a financial position to do so.

View

Importing Subaru from Canada.

I'm would like to purchase a new Crosstrek with manual shift and a sunroof. My only options are an aftermarket sunroof installed and warranted through the dealer, or to buy one in Canada and bring it to the US. Would the after market weaken the structure (I was told no), and would an import meet US standards (emissions, safely etc.)?

by FourOrangutan170

How can I find out what it covered under my warranty? 2015 Subaru outback Loan # 11728418394204

paint coming off my car

by CapriciousHawk

I am having problems with the paint coming off the hood of my red outback and fading off the tailgait. It is a 2014, my first Subaru after years of owning Hondas.

As much as we love the car and that it is out of warrenty I would like to know what options I have.

We even paid a thousand dollars for a paint protection package (z-tech). I have not taken it to the dealer yet as I thought I would speak to you first.

View

Questions regarding reason for denial of service

by VividBird

I had my windshield recently repaired with GEICO and they recommended I go to Subaru for recalibration if my eyesight cameras.

Once there, I was told that my eyesight could no be recalibrated due to the windshield not being a Subaru windshield.

I would like to confirm if this is true.

Do you accept Carshield warranty

by DismalKingCrab

Do you accept partial warrantee for a vehicle repairs? If so at which location near Carmel New York

2019 Ascent towing

by EasyRiverDolphin

If you're towing over a 1000 lbs camper does the ascent equipped with hitch need an additional brake control installed?

View

Need a question answered, warranty

by RightKangaroo

I just need to know if installing a subwoofer and amp will void my warranty

Questions 36