Corvallis, Oregon

This should go to the Designers, Technical Support Engineers, Director of Subaru of America & top auto mechanics of Subaru.

I ran out of gas with 30 miles left to go on my 6 month old Subaru Outback 2018. This day and age this is not acceptable. I only had 6.8 more miles to go and I ran out of gas on the freeway! I had to call AAA to get me gas.

I spoke with the mechanics at Subaru Dealership and they agreed it was poorly designed. Apparently, the gas tank does not have one floater but two floaters to tell you how much gas is left in the tank. We should only have ONE floater that can tell you how much gas is left.

The responses I am getting is unacceptable: "That is a gauge that you should judge by not go by" or "The gas gauge depends on the condition of your driving and it is based on how you drive on a daily basis."

The explanations given are unacceptable. I would highly recommend the top echelons of Subaru to fix this problem. Subaru cars have come a long way with technology but unfortunately we have taken a step back with this gas gauge. It seems pretty easy to fix. Keep it basic with one floater and this should solve the problem. Changing the shape of the fuel tank would help too. The current shape is not working.

One more thing: The gas gauge went from 40 mpg to 30 mpg. It never provided the digits in between. It also did not go another mile once it turned to 30 then about about 300 yards, the gas went empty! We can do better. Even my old, old Subaru had better judgement with the gas gauge.

I sincerely hope this message gets sent the TOP Level Management & Engineers to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Orlinda Wirth

owirth21@gmail.com

Albany, Oregon

Product or Service Mentioned: 2018 Subaru Of America Outback Car.

Comments