Ashford, Connecticut
2.4

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy. It had a brake line corrosion recall in 2014.

I took the vehicle to the dealer at 246,000 miles and undercoating spray was "completed to eliminate corrosion issues". This car is ONLY used in the winters and is garaged. In December 2018 I was taking the car out for the winter and drove down the hill with NO brakes at 276,000 miles. We put in brake fluid and noticed the leak was coming from the same brake line pipe that had the recall work done to AVOID corrosion in 2014.

Obviously this was NOT done correctly if this problem happened. When I spoke to customer care at Subaru they indicated nothing more can be done since it was "taken care of in 2014".

Obviously it was NOT taken care of if this happened. I could have been killed with NO brakes, We have been a Subaru family for years and this is the LAST Subaru I wil buy since the manufacturer does NOT stand behind their product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car Repair.

Subaru Of America Cons: How recalls are handled once the supposed work is complete.

Comments