945 Monument Dr, Lebanon, IN 46052, USA

So my parents purchased a new 2011 subaru Outback with a CVT transmission. We never received any literature in the mail about the extended warranty for older vehicles until July 2018, and when the torque converter finally began to give out at 150,000 miles we were flabbergasted that Subaru would not even help cover the cost of the part.

After doing my research I have determined that Subaru should have done a full recall for the safety of their customers. I personally own a WRX with a STI transmission, and was planning on buying a new WRX at some point in the near future. However, I will be buying a Ford Focus ST instead, I am appalled at Subarus decision to not care about their customers, and no one in my family will ever buy one again. To put this in perspective, the ford Taurus of the late 90's was the only other car in recent history with as bad of a transmission life.

But at least they made it to 190000 miles. I"d be surprised if this outback makes it to 170000.

Furthermore stalling randomly sure seems like a safety concern. I can no longer trust my safety to your company.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2011 Subaru Of America Outback Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Subaru Of America Cons: Transmission should of been recalled.

Comments