Moapa Valley, Nevada

My 20 year old daughter was driving back to college in her 2009 forester yesterday.It started to shake and she luckily got safely to the side of the freeway before disaster happened.

Related: Subaru Of America - Purchase a car

The car ignited in flames. She was able to get her dogs and herself out the car (with the help of a kind stranger.) just before the car was completely engulfed in flames. She was in the desert nearly 7 hours from home. I no longer trust Subaru and will try to sell our 3 other subarus.

Two of them have already had the head gaskets replaced.

It's one thing to have the gasket fail but these cars are completely unsafe.Come to find out it is common for them to catch on fire if the head gasket fails.

Review about: 2009 Subaru Forester.

3.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Subaru Of America Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Subaru Of America?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Keystone Rv - 2012 Outback Fading Front cap Keystone Rv "Look at the attached pic. How embarrassing and it has Keystone's name on the front of the cap for negative advertising. Keystone won't replace the cap because they..." Read more Subaru Of America - Review about 2015 Subaru Outback from Point Lookout, New York Subaru Of America "When we inadvertently do not completely tighten the gas cap, check engine comes on along wit eye sight off and x mode and several other daunting lights. Am attaching..." Read more Thousand Trails Rv Sanitary Conditions Review from Paicines, California Thousand Trails Rv "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..." Read more Subaru Of America - Review about 2014 Subaru Impreza from Schenectady, New York Subaru Of America "Worst customer service I have ever received from such a large company. I would recommend people steer clear of Subaru as they have many problems with their vehicles such as..." Read more Getblastednow - Dave Rupley "sold" me some Jeep stuff and never delivered Getblastednow "Dave, to his credit, is a very convincing *** man. He sold me a set of Rubicon tires and rims that he had advertised on Craigslist for $500.00. After a..." Read more Aarons - I was sold some damage furniture from your Tifton store and the store manager Mike is very rude about it and calling me a liar Aarons "I constanly ask them since november about fixing the sofa and it took them til yesterday to do so and i refuse to make another payment til it was fixed..." Read more Plentyoffish - OK  I have  tired  to reset  my  password several  times no  response  there  are  at  least  Plentyoffish "I have tried to reset my password several times. Good luck no response. There are 2 or 3p people who would like to talk to me if you are in..." Read more Red Roof Inn - Room Review from Linthicum Heights, Maryland Red Roof Inn "Arriving from Texas I had many situations occur In the RedRoof Inn BWI as of last year March 2016 I never witnessed or heard of otherwise in a lifetime and..." Read more