1 Subaru Dr, Camden, NJ 08103
3.0
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

I have a 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport with a malfunctioning audio system. I took it back to the dealer four times.

They performed multiple software updates and even replaced the entire head unit but they could not fix any of the problems. Finally, they referred me to Subaru of America. Working with regional support, the dealer provided an extensive report to SOA detailing all of the issues I'm having with my head unit. After waiting a couple of weeks for a response, I finally heard from someone at corporate.

His approach was to tell me that the problems weren't really problems, that was just my opinion; that's a quote. Also, there were no flaws or defects according to SOA, just "characteristics." Really? They don't have enough integrity to deal openly and honestly with service problems their customers are facing. They prefer to urinate down our backs and insist it's only a gentle spring shower.

The car is two years old. These are known issues without resolutions. The car should be eligible for a replacement or refund. But the customer (dis)service rep I spoke with never even read my complaint or the report submitted by the dealership.

He only offered scripted responses, not solutions. I never thought I would say this, but steer clear of Subaru!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Subaru Of America Impreza Car.

Preferred solution: Have Subaru cover the expense, including installation, for buying an after market infotainment system which does not have the defects of the Harmon Kardon unit..

Subaru Of America Pros: Staff and management at the dealership level only.

Subaru Of America Cons: Corp exec reciting scripts and not reading report.

• Infotainment Head Unit Cd Player