One Subaru Drive, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
2.1

In 2016 Subaru settled a class action over high oil consumption, agreeing to fix the many affected vehicles. In 2017 I bought an Outback from Dave Wright Subaru in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

After about 6k miles it became obvious that it had very high oil consumption. I contacted the dealer (general sales manager, customer loyalty manager and few others). I received a reply that it was too close to the weekend for anyone to respond. So I waited, and waited ...

After one week I tried again and they would not respond at all. It seems that the new policy on oil consumption is to ignore any complaint.

Coming on top of the other major problem of Subaru engines (head gaskets), I am done with the brand an especially with this dealership. Subarus are about love, but only until you actually buy one.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2017 Subaru Of America Outback Car.

Preferred solution: Compensation of $6000 for loss in trading Outback for another brand.

Subaru Of America Pros: Outback cheaper than a honda pilot.

Subaru Of America Cons: Refuse to respond to complaint, Refuses to deal with complaint.

Comments