Clayton, Georgia
Resolved

Update by user Nov 30, 2018

I got a call from the local Subaru dealership. Subaru or America looked at my case and determined that the warranty did not cover the problem, but they did offer me $1000 towards repair costs for taking so long to give me an answer.

They also offered warranty labor. They ecpressed how they wanted to keep me as a customer.

Even though it was a lengthy process, I'm content that they still offered some help and glad that my issue wasn't ignored. I will give them another chance and continue to be a Subaru customer.

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2018

I took my Subaru BRZ to get fixed to my closest Subaru dealership. It turned out that the car needed a new transmission.

The car has a little over 28000 miles and the warranty shouldn't expire until March 2019. The service manager told me he couldn't do the repairs because Subaru of America wouldn't honor the warranty. He told me I should call Subaru of America and open up a case, so I did. They told me it would take a week to look at my case to tell me if they would honor the warranty or not.

That was on the 26th of October. It is now the 28th of November. I've emailed the Senior Warranty Representative various times. Every time they tell me that they're working on it and that it will only be a few more days.

A week ago I talked to them on the phone they said they were sending someone to look at the car and determine the decision from there. Haven't heard back yet. How much longer is the case reviewing process? Are they waiting for my warranty to expire?

Or maybe they are waiting for me to get tired of waiting so I can pay for the repairs myself? At this point I really don't know what to do so they can make my case a priority. I just want an answer already so my car can get fixed either by them or by someone else.

I've been without my Subaru for a month. Guess they don't really care about their customers and don't stand behind their product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Subaru Of America Pros: Customer service were friendly.

Subaru Of America Cons: Taking over a month to review warranty case.

Comments