Hackensack, New Jersey

I was so close to buying a used Forrester at Garavel Subaru. It has a convenient location for us.

I went through the motions to finance the car and was told someone would call us within 2 days to let us know how we qualified with a loan. I heard nothing for 3 days. I called the dealership and asked about my status. The finance department and sales department said they would get right back to me.

I heard nothing until 6 hours later from the finance department saying they were really sorry that they didn't get back to me sooner and that they would call me the next day with info. I called them the next day, because they never called back, and it was already late afternoon the next day. The sales department said we were approved for a loan and asked when I could pick up the car. I asked what rate I was approved for and what the final monthly payment would be and he said, "We can't give you that info over the phone, you will need to come in.

I said, "If the rate is too high and the payment is too high, I wouldn't need to come in to pick up any car!" He refused to give me any info. I called back the next day and still got nowhere. Needless to say, I did NOT even bother to pick up the car. I called a week later, spoke to the sales manager and complained.

I told him that we ended up buying a new Subaru from a dealer farther from where we lived and would not recommend Garavel to anyone. He listened and I went about my day, loving my new Subaru that I bought from the BEST dealership in CT...Dan Perkins! lifetime warrant to boot! and the 2014 Forrester ended up to be motor trend's SUV of the year!

all's well that ends well... sorry, Garavel Subaru..you lose!

Product or Service Mentioned: Subaru Of America Car.

Comments