After buying a 2017 Legacy, from a distant dealer, as we have no local one, we discovered that we HAVE TO GET OIL CHANGES DONE BY THE DEALER, or buy filters (Made by Fram) exclusively from subaru dealers, or subaru will void our warranty.subaru will not divulge the Fram part number which would preserve our warranty, while allowing oil changes to be done locally.

I filed a complaint ticket, got a couple of useless, runaround replies, but no answers. The dealer was nice, but he was just trying to sell a car, so he didn't mention the company's practices. He knew doing so would cost him a sale. I now plan to cost subaru as many sales as possible, by warning others to avoid this despicable company.

The car is nice, but average. I like the engine design, but the company is dishonest.

NEVER, EVER, buy a subaru.You'll regret it if you do.

Review about: Subaru Of America Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Subaru Of America?

Comments

Read your warranty pamphlet it states that warranty cannot be denied if you do your own work or go to a 3rd party. Keep documents is all they ask.

I believe that according to the Massey Ferguson act that it it illegal for the manufacturer or dealership to deny warranty claim because service was performed somewhere else. Just keep detailed receipts.